Spiritual Vitamin:”Soul food 4 thought”
- Exclusive= Yes, God and your wife is the one and only… he says no other GOD before me, and will not settle for the other flava of the month.. this is applicable to your wife or husband as well.
- H.Ford says ” successful marriage secret is sticking to the same model”
- Your vow in marriage says until death, for life… with a noncompete clause. You don’t trade in models just because you saw one that may intrigue you due to its newness. The one you signed up for is your model for life. You don’t go shopping in the future for latest and greatest today.
- When GOD made man, he created him in his image and it was good. he made a woman from one rib , not 4 o r 5 ribs so you could have your
choice of Samantha, Jamie,& Rachael. Only one, your special Lady.
2. Don’t love a substitute= you are not to be a sculpted image of anything in heaven, earth or seas; simply means not to bow down or worship them. Some religion has made idols and worships them as imitations or substitutes; In marriage you too should not substitute. Love only your wife as God loves the church. Don’t try and find that fulfillment outside it’s in your spouse if you seek it out.
3. Speak highly of your mate= Do not use the lord thy God name in vain; meaning, not showing reverence for his name. In marriage many speak of their spouse in a flippant manner which causes dissention. Few things can impact your relationship like what comes off that small member in your mouth. Words contain good, bad, and evil. Always think before your speak. Celebrate your spouse with lavish praise and you will be please of the outcome in each other.
4. Spend exclusive moments together= remember Sabbath day and keep it holy… The seventh day is the LORD. It means you are to put aside all else and give him some time.. Break from the hustle and grind of six days working or whatever you do and commit to him… Likewise in marriage, you should always plan time for your spouse so the two of you connect physically, emotionally, & spiritually. If your marriage is to flourish, spending quality outings together is essential. Build the communication within your union; otherwise its demise is imminent.
5. Honor your spouse with humility= the bible says honor your parents that your days be long upon land God giveth thee. Be grateful for each other. Shakespeare says “how sharper than a serpents tooth than it is to have a thankless individual.” It’s difficult to have any relationship with one who is thoughtless, let alone live with them. Let it be known openly not just thinking it in your heart. Out the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Express it so they know you are grateful otherwise,
it’s only a thought. Find ways to show your gratitude and how you honor God as
well as your spouse. To be cont….
(Soul food Sides Exodus 20:12 & Exodus 12: 4-6
“Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.. ~
“Experience is a hard teacher, as you get the test first, then comes the lesson afterwards.” ~
“Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will forever regret” ~ BJS:
“The Amazing You”
Your most important job is to be you. Because that’s something nobody else can do.
Through your perspective, life is able to know and experience itself in a unique and valuable way. From your efforts, the world receives goodness that can come from nowhere else.
You owe it to yourself to fulfill your best possibilities. And you owe it to all of life to express the beauty and the abundance in your own unique way.
You’re not here to merely be the same as anyone else, and you won’t really find any satisfaction in doing so. The greatest gift you have to give is in the living of your most deeply held values and desires.
Live each moment with the courage of your uniqueness. Be amazing at being you.
Solidarity = A union of interest, purposes, and /or sympathy amongst members of a group.