- WHAT FASCINATES YOU MOST?
- WHAT HAS HAPPEN TO YOU THAT MADE YOU STRONGER?
- WOULD YOU RATHER BE RICH AND PARALYZED FROM THE WAIST DOWN OR POOR AND ABLE BODIED?
- IF SOMEONE COULD TELL YOU THE DAY AND TIME YOUR WERE GOING TO DIE WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN THE LAST DAY ?
- IF YOU HAD THE PRIVILEGE TO SIT DOWN WITH MARTIN LUTHER KING WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO KNOW FROM HIM?
- WHAT ARE YOU GLAD THAT YOU QUIT DOING?
- WHAT REGRETS IN LIFE DO YOU HAVE, IF ANY? WHAT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF ?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIVING AND EXISTING?
- WHAT DO YOU APPRECIATE MOST ABOUT WHERE YOU ARE IN LIFE AT THIS MOMENT?
- IF YOUR LIFE WAS A NOVEL, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR TITLE AND HOW WOULD YOUR STORY END?
- WHAT IS ONE RANDOM AND ECCENTRIC FACT ABOUT YOU?
- WHAT’S SOMETHING ABOUT YOU THAT HAS NEVER CHANGED THROUGHOUT YOUR LIFE?
- HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE HAPPINESS IN YOUR OWN WORDS?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LOVE AND INFATUATION?
- IF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WERE TRAPPED IN A BURNING FIRE AND YOU COULD ONLY SAVE ONE OF THEM WHO WOULD IT BE?
- WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU WISH YOU COULD DO OVER IN LIFE ?
- WHAT DOES BEAUTY LOOK LIKE IN THE DARK?
Education, civil rights, open government, voting rights, health care, job creation, economic revitalization, and social securtiy/retirement to name a few. Individuals on social security received their first cost of living increase in two years…first time it has taken this long to get an increase since COLA was established in 1975.
When it comes to education democrats claim it’s about more than getting into a good college, a good job when you graduate, it’s about a chance at a promising future and being the best one can be according to President Obama. Democrats share the commitment of preparing our children to lead lives of success and happiness which is why they are dedicated to ensuring the next gen is equipped with the tools to have a first- rate education…a vital component which is necessary to propel our economy into the future. Our country is strongest when our workers are trained with knowledge and skill sets that allow individuals to perform at high levels. Every child should have the opportunity to reach that pinnacle and fulfill the “American Dream”. To their credit, Democrats have long valued education as the key to success for both the individual and our nation.
In recent years Democrats have increased access to higher education and restructured the financial aid. In addition, federal aid programs are easier to understand, more reliable, and efficient for students. President Obama signed into law, student loan reform which ended govt. subsidies to big banks and made college more affordable to millions of Americans. Second, only to the G.I.Bill. Currently, President Obama is working on the overhaul of the ‘NO Child Left Behind” program that provide teachers with minimal support and resources; while ultimately holding them accountable. The Democrats also instituted the ‘Race to the top” a revolutionary program designed to promote innovation and to also provide incentives for improving education. Many states have already made provisions to encompass these measures. Democrats recognize education as the most pressing economic issue in America’s future, and we cannot allow our country to fall behind in a global market economy. We must prepare the next generation for success in college and in the workforce as a means to ensure that American children once again become global leaders in creativity, innovation and achievement.
- Reforming the fed student loan program and making college more affordable
- Promoting community service and civic engagement.( Edward Kennedy Serve Act)
- Investing in early childhood education (Recovery Act) for programs such as head start, EHS , childcare, and special needs programs.t
- Shared responsibility and shared Prosperity vision for living within our nations means
- Latinos and Educations town hall
Boosting college graduation rate across the country.
Democrats stand for the values of hard work and responsibility, and we know that as a country we are most successful when we invest in our people—middle-class families and small business owners—who can grow our economy from the bottom up. Together, we have begun to lay a new foundation for growth, building an economy that works for all Americans.
As for economy and job creation, President Obama says ” I don’t believe we can have a strong and growing economy without a strong and growing middle class”. The Democrats are fighting valiantly to repair a decade of damage in an attempt to stimulate an economy based on hard work and responsibility, not greed and reckless speculation. Strengthening our country and economic situation through economic and job stimulus programs directed towards the middle class will strengthen our country for years to come.
At this point, the recession has impacted nearly everyone in some way or another, but the heart of the American promise is our resilience to overcome hardship. Democrats are committed to helping all Americans confront these challenges…spurring job creation, rebuilding infrastructure, investing in clean energy tech, and restoring fairness and opportunity for all.
President Obama inherited an economy in free fall, with huge deficits, skyrocketing health care costs, dwindling employment, and banking and housing markets on the brink of collapse. Working with the President, Democrats stabilized the financial system and helped to prevent a second Great Depression. An economy that was losing 700,000 jobs a month is now gaining jobs. We still have a long way to go, but we are now moving forward on the road to recovery. Democrats recognize the importance of meeting our most urgent needs—not just in the short term but also in the long run. Starting with the passage of the Recovery Act, Democrats began a series of strategic investments in health care, energy, and education that are laying the groundwork to build a stronger economic foundation for the future. Democrats cut taxes for 95 percent of working families, provided help for small businesses and homeowners, and strengthened consumer protections for anyone who has a credit card or a bank loan. Despite Republican obstruction at almost every turn, Democrats have provided relief for hardworking Americans who lost their jobs through no fault of their own. Democrats reinstated fiscal responsibility in government spending and ensured that American taxpayers will never again be forced to bail out big banks.
We still have work to do, but Democrats are moving forward with a “Made in America” economic plan to strengthen American industries and create jobs for American workers by:
- Ending tax loopholes that let corporations hide profits overseas, and investing those dollars in small businesses that create jobs in America;
- Providing tax cuts to small businesses and expanding lending so that businesses can create new jobs;
- Investing in a clean-energy economy, and providing tax credits to spark manufacturing of windmills, solar panels, and electric cars here at home; and
Putting Americans to work rebuilding roads, bridges, rails, and ports, strengthening our economy and our infrastructure across all 50 states.
What are Democrats doing to make change:
- Helping small businesses( passing the SBJA creating jobs and small business tax cuts.)
- Spurring manufacturing job creation(manufacture enhancements Act)
- Supporting Americans looking for work.(passing the Unemployment Comp Act )
To Be CONT…..